Saturday, May 3, 2014

Keepin' it Real

There is a series of books that I've enjoyed reading since the first one debuted almost a decade ago. And like most fans, I've noticed a few differences in character descriptions over the ensuing installments. Unless a writer stays on top of things- and has an ace editor- that's to be expected.  I did have to chuckle, though, the first time I noticed that one character in particular had managed to grow almost 10 inches in height, all over the course of three books.  As a woman of, shall we say, small stature, I was certainly jealous!

I love organization, and I've put this to good use in my own writing.  Since I currently have two series  being published and a trilogy on the way, I created a matrix to keep names, ages, physical descriptions, and relationships straight.  This is a great idea for those of you whose writings are peopled with more than one character:  after all, no one - not even fictional folks- like to be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment