Sunday, June 29, 2014

Ostriches

Yesterday, from approximately 9 AM to 1PM, I facilitated a writing workshop.  The attendees were writers- some published- and I was intimidated.

Until I saw the ostrich. Then it was on.

Really.

At the Vision Gallery, in Chandler, AZ's revitalized downtown, I led a group of women writers through a series of exercises guaranteed to awaken the short story author within.  At least that was my goal.  We were given use of a workroom adjacent to the main gallery and the magic rubbed off:  We wrote stories that will one day soon be part of an anthology.  I was impressed, humbled, thrilled - and cognizant of that ostrich's glare.  I mean really.  Have you ever had to perform in front of an ostrich?

All in all it was a fabulous experience, one that I intend to repeat in the bear future.  I love teaching, I'm enthralled by writing, and I'm intent on sharing the talents of others with the world.

Except with an ostrich.  That, my friend, was above and beyond the call of duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment