Monday, April 14, 2014

Hot, Hot, Hot!

Here in the great AZ, as I refer to Arizona, summer is already here.  We briefly had spring for a few hours and it was enough to convince me that my retirement years will not be spent in the desert.  (Sorry, family!)

Some folks write like summer:  No outline (no spring) needed, just a straight plunge into the plot.  I've tried that as well and find that, depending on how inspired I am, I can produce something quite readable.  In fact, "Legend" was written this way.  For the most part, though, I recommend having an idea of the characters and main plot in mind before starting the manuscript.  After all, it's nice to know where you're going.

Back to AZ.  According to the local weather report, we're going to 'cool down' next weekend to the mid-80's.  Ah - sweet relief!  Maybe I'll even feel like sitting outside while I work on the next Jo Anderson book, "Sweet Death".  Maybe.

Keep reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment