Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Wild Imagination Helps!

One of the most frequent questions I'm asked about is my plots: Don't I ever run out of ideas?  The answer is no. And yes, of course!

My story lines begin a certain way in my mind and I might reference something I've seen or heard or experienced.  Since life is always evolving, there is no limit to the plots waiting to be written.  On the other hand, I might have a great idea - to my mind, at least- and I simply cannot make it work.  Writing, someone once said, is best done quickly while the ideas are there.  Don't overthink the story or characters; these tend to change over time anyway.

My advice is to get out that notebook that I mentioned before and fill it with ideas.  When your brain refuses to participate in the writing process, you've got a ready-made resource at hand.  And oddly enough, this tends to kick-start the ol' noggin into gear once more.

Happy writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment