Tuesday, March 25, 2014

I Can See Clearly Now

As I sit here composing this blog, I am trying to breathe.  It's nothing but a head cold, but I am a wimp when it comes to things like this.  I tend to whine some, sleep lots, and read as much as I can.  As you can see, there is a silver lining!

Thankfully, my vision for my current book-in-progress is still clear.  Jo Anderson's sassy personality seems to land her in situations that would stump most folks; her current foray into the candy-making business in "Sweet Death" is one sticky mess (pun intended).  At this point I'm fairly certain who the killer is, but that can change.  Characters, especially those who are dynamic, tend to take the plot in hand and manipulate it as they will.  It makes for an interesting time, I can tell you!

Back to me and my cold.  I'm feeling bleary-eyed (I've wanted to use that description forever!) and feverish and probably need to be in bed.  The real world is calling, though, and I need to go to my 'day job' as a high school teacher.   Unlike Jo, whose personality seems greater than the boundaries of the written word, my students are still finding their way. They tend to come to a stand-still without guidance.  And that's okay:  This is the place where they will learn to cope with life's issues and learn how to create their own 'plot'.  Tomorrow, though, they will get a taste of 'coping skills':  I'm getting a sub.

Keep reading!  That's what I'll be doing...

No comments:

Post a Comment