Friday, March 7, 2014

It's Just Not There

Sometimes - like right now - my mind is a perfect blank.  I have started this blog three times already this morning and just can't get anything to jell.  Therefore, I've decided to share my thoughts on writer's block, the plague of authors and those whose livelihoods depend on an output of the written word.

Anything that blocks progress can't be good.  Or can it?  As I sit here, looking at the computer screen, I'm beginning to rethink the 'plague' epithet.  Maybe this is my body's way of telling me that I'm doing too much lately.  Maybe my brain needs spring break more than I thought (it's just around the corner, thank goodness).  And maybe I just don't have anything worthwhile to share.

A respite from work is not such a bad thing.  The essays will still be sitting on my desk tomorrow if I ignore them today and relax.  The unfinished chapter in the next "Jo Anderson" book will still be waiting for me when I open that file.  And who knows?  Maybe tomorrow I'll have something worthwhile to say.  And to write.

I think I'll read today instead.






No comments:

Post a Comment