Saturday, March 29, 2014

Time Travel - it's For Real!

I love to time travel.  All it takes is a book and I'm there!  'Little Women' is one of my faves from childhood and the penultimate destination for those who want romance, intrigue, and drama .  I've owned many versions of this classic story about four sisters, beginning with my first copy at age five.  The March family held my attention from the start:  I wanted to be as pretty as Amy, loved as much as Beth, and in charge like Meg.  The sister that I identified with most, though, was Jo.  I admired her spunk and the fact that she loved to read and write as much as I did (and still do).  She seemed to be the perfect combination of old-fashioned values and independent thinking, and I have paid homage to Louisa May Alcott, Jo's creator, in my 'Jo Anderson' series.

Check out 'Little Women' soon, whether it's for the first time or the fiftieth:  the story never grows old.  And give my Jo a try as well.  Her first adventure, which takes place in the beauty of the Colorado Rockies, was fun to write...and she was a kick to meet.   'Becklaw's Murder Mystery Tour' is available at Barnes and Noble as well as Amazon.

Whether you need a portal  to the past or just crave a vicarious adventure, books are the best way to travel.  See you out there- and keep reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment