Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Will the Real You Stand Up

To paraphrase F. Scott Fitzgerald, a writer is a bunch of characters all trying to speak.  (For the quote purists out there, forgive me.) The thought of multi personalities is foremost on my mind as I sit here in the Happiest Place on Earth and watch children be alternately awed, scared, and thrilled to meet Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the gang.  They have no idea that under those costumes is entirely different person. I hope.

A writer is like that as well.  You might be sitting next to an author and have no idea that just behind her eyes is an amateur sleuth or a killer, a protagonist and an antagonist.  Writers are constantly living more than one life at a time and for some the lines might become blurred.  That, however, is a blog for another day...

Speaking of another life, my character Jo Anderson is morphing into quite the interesting person.  I hope you've enjoyed her first adventure, 'Becklaw's Murder Mystery Tour'.  Her next scheme, entitled 'Sweet Death', should make an appearance in the winter.  Keep checking bank for more information.

And keep reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment